Casumo was established in 2012 and has been leading the innovation of the iGaming industry ever since. Known for its unique and lovable brands including Casumo, Dunder and Kazoom Casino, the group continues to develop and deliver best-in-class gaming products and experiences. We believe in the power of collective genius and look for idea generators, solution seekers and ingenious innovators that want to play a part in pioneering our brands into the future.
About the Role:
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic Head of Tech Operations to join our team. In this pivotal leadership role, you will provide strategic guidance and oversight to our technology operations teams, ensuring the seamless functioning of our systems and services. Your responsibilities will encompass platform ownership, information security, service management and IT operations. Additionally, we are looking for an individual with a strong background in the gaming industry, who is deeply passionate about technology. The Head of Tech Operations will report directly to the CTO and collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to drive excellence in our technology department.
Who you are
Your sound record in managing different areas of the technology operations value stream has made you a round-up interdisciplinary professional that can understand technical discussions on cloud computing, platform setup and design, IT service management and cost control.
You are a capable evangelist for technology, yet you’re equally versed on commercial, entrepreneurial and administrative aspects of managing large scale technology operations. You are knowledgeable in the field of IT service management and understand our obligation to provide the best possible service to players and internal customers alike.
You are the active driver of the interdisciplinary systems engineering and site reliability community inside Casumo and responsible for the personal development of your team on their journey to mastery in their corresponding fields. Being responsible for technical leads, you provide mentorship, advice and guidance. Your teams are located at the very core of our value stream and as such a hub of interdisciplinary influx. Your immediate peers are looking up to you as a hub of knowledge and an example of taking agency in the organization. You understand the complexity of working with diverse teams in remote environments.
What you do
You lead a team of top notch professionals from all areas of IT-operations, information security, service management and corporate IT management. Your direct reports are highly skilled engineers and technical leads heading our highly empowered teams.
Definition of strategy and tactics
You translate the organization and technology strategy into a tangible technology operations and service management strategy by adopting and nurturing the best practice from academia, the industry and international standards. You derive concrete objectives and patterns and methodology to achieve them.
While wearing the captain’s badge on the Technology Operations team, you’re also wearing the Casumo Technology jersey, which means you hold a responsibility to the overall technology management team to groom the organizational structure, processes and tools.
To attend to your challenges you have access to excellent talent and tools. The composition of both these parameters is your budgetary responsibility. In your outfit you are responsible for Casumo’s corporate IT footprint and you help others with the research and selection of IT assets that help the organization live up to its potential.
What you bring
- Proven experience in providing strategic leadership to tech operations teams in a similar capacity.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field (Master's degree preferred).
- Strong knowledge of Cloud technologies and experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- In-depth understanding of information security principles and best practices
- Familiarity with IT service management frameworks
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and report directly to the CTO.
Being a part of the Casumo group provides an unparalleled experience. You’ll find yourself surrounded by the brightest minds within the most inspiring and collaborative office spaces. In addition to that, you’ll enjoy:
- Flexible national holidays: public holidays mean more time off, choose how and when to enjoy them!
- Up to 4 weeks Work From Anywhere: explore the world while working remotely.
- Access to some of the greatest tools and platforms for developing your professional skills and building success within your role.
- A range of training courses, known as Casumo College, for continuous learning and growth.
- An incredibly diverse team of smart, kind and motivated colleagues from more than 45 countries.
- Social events (both physical &/or online) for building strong relationships with colleagues from all across the organization.
Great minds don't think alike
At Casumo we're all different. By building a team where difference is embraced, through our lived experiences, our beliefs, and who we are, we create a diverse and inclusive home for all our 'sumos. It's about keeping it real and being your true self. Because, great minds don't think alike; the more diverse we are, the better we become, together.