Casumo was established in 2012 and has been leading the innovation of the iGaming industry ever since. Known for its unique and lovable brands including Casumo, Dunder and Kazoom Casino, the group continues to develop and deliver best-in-class gaming products and experiences. We believe in the power of collective genius and look for idea generators, solution seekers and ingenious innovators that want to play a part in pioneering our brands into the future.
About the Team:
In Casumo, quality is a shared responsibility rather than solely the duty of the Quality Engineer. Everyone, from developers and Quality Engineers to product owners and team leads, plays a role in ensuring the quality of their work.
In the role of a Quality Engineer at Casumo, you'll enjoy flexibility. Firstly, you'll engage in a process called Quality Assistance, performing exploratory testing for new features to uphold their quality standards. Secondly, you'll act as a test consultant, guiding your team members to enhance their testing skills and approaches. And thirdly, there's an opportunity for you to gradually expand into the test automation realm, with the backing of our QA chapter for guidance and support.
What you will do as a tester?
- Reviews requirements and design specifications for errors, assumptions, and accuracy, providing meaningful feedback to Product Owners.
- Moderate test-focused discussions with team members before development starts.
- Work with your team on software components analysis to provide relevant test cases fit for automation.
- Prioritize tasks so the effort is focused more heavily on areas that are likely to cause problems.
- Learn test automation and execute and maintain automated tests
As a test consultant your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the Quality Assistance process (a testing approach inspired by Atlassian and adapted for Casumo).
- Enhancing the testing culture by educating the team on how to improve the testing of their own work.
- Teaching and demonstrating common testing techniques, such as building mental models, using mind maps, conducting boundary value analysis, employing equivalence partitioning, applying cause-effect testing or using test heuristics.
- Conducting and advocating for exploratory testing to prove its effectiveness in reducing production defects.
- Instructing on overcoming biases, including common biases and pitfalls that can arise when evaluating one's own work.
- Sharing the tester mindset, encompassing curiosity and a willingness to thoroughly test the application using all available user pathways.
Who you are
We are specifically keen to hear from professionals who can demonstrate the following background and experience:
- At least 3 years of experience in the software testing industry.
- Extensive hands-on experience with web and mobile testing.
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence and defect tracking software.
- Experience with interacting with the system going beyond the UI: APIs, Message Queues, Databases.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong English skills both in verbal and written communication.
Would be a plus:
- Willingness to learn a basic object oriented programming language
- Experience with specific tools like: API (Postman, Swagger etc), database (PostgreSQL)
- Experience with CI/CD tools: Jenkins, Docker and GCP.
- Experience with any browser automation library
- Hands-on experience with Git and source code management.
- Experience with microservice-based event-driven architectures and related common issues
Being a part of the Casumo group provides an unparalleled experience. You’ll find yourself surrounded by the brightest minds within the most inspiring and collaborative office spaces. In addition to that, you’ll enjoy:
- Flexible national holidays: public holidays mean more time off, choose how and when to enjoy them!
- Up to 4 weeks Work From Anywhere: explore the world while working remotely
- Access to some of the greatest tools and platforms for developing your professional skills and building success within your role
- A range of training courses, known as Casumo College, for continuous learning and growth
- An incredibly diverse team of smart, kind and motivated colleagues from more than 45 countries
- Social events (both physical &/or online) for building strong relationships with colleagues from all across the organization
Great minds don't think alike
At Casumo we're all different. By building a team where difference is embraced, through our lived experiences, our beliefs, and who we are, we create a diverse and inclusive home for all our 'sumos. It's about keeping it real and being your true self. Because, great minds don't think alike; the more diverse we are, the better we become, together.
Even if you meet 60% of these qualifications, we encourage you to apply!