Casumo was established in 2012 and has been leading the innovation of the iGaming industry ever since. Known for its unique and lovable brands including Casumo, Dunder and Kazoom Casino, the group continues to develop and deliver best-in-class gaming products and experiences. We believe in the power of collective genius and look for idea generators, solution seekers and ingenious innovators that want to play a part in pioneering our brands into the future.
At Casumo we strive to achieve excellence across all our functions, technologies, and people. We are searching for an organised, autonomous legal counsel to complete our tight-knit legal team in Malta. We’re looking for a strong lawyer who can keep up with our pace. Someone to assist, support, and advise us on various legal matters to the highest standard, but most importantly; an excellent team player and communicator, eager to grow your skills and develop alongside inspiring and talented colleagues from all over the world.
- Providing legal advice and support on a wide range of legal activities including commercial, corporate, data protection, employment, gaming and betting, competition and social and responsible gaming;
- Draft, review and negotiate complex agreements relating to commercial endeavours including marketing and advertising; payment services; data protection; corporate and intra-group arrangements and game supplier agreements;
- Provide legal and regulatory assistance as may be necessary pursuant to the markets that Casumo operate in or will in the future;
- Keep yourself up to date with changes in legislation and regulations that affect your role;
- Drafting and reviewing simple legal documents including resolutions, letters, NDAs, POAs and handling of basic corporate changes;
- Review and/or drafting of terms and conditions, policies and procedures;
- Handling of player complaints/claims;
- Managing and supervising the DD process (KYC/KYB) to establish and maintain the business relationship with Third-Party Providers / Financial Institutions, Regulators and Clients;
- Managing and monitoring the Data Subject Access Requests (DSARs) Process and work closely with the Company DPO on advising the Business on GDPR related matters;
- Advising and cooperation with other departments regarding Contracts issues, Players Disputes, Management of projects on different areas of the business.
- Organizing and maintaining internal good governance such as annual AGM minutes for all our entities
- Cooperation with the other members of the legal department internally & abroad.
- Close co-operating with the Compliance Team along the process of making applications to relevant regulators, license and compliance reporting, auditing.
- Ability to deliver high-quality work under deadlines.
- Someone experienced in working across various teams and departments (ideally in online-gaming organisations) to ensure that legal and regulatory requirements and initiatives remain at the forefront of the business.
- A qualified lawyer with a warrant in Malta, UK or within the EU and have a minimum of 2 years PQE preferably in an online-gaming company. Candidates with proven experience in firms or organisations in the online-gaming sector will also be considered
- Conversant with the rules and regulations which surround the i-gaming industry, particularly licensing, GDPR laws, compliance and/or regulatory matters and feels confident providing related legal advice in this area.
- Experienced in drafting and reviewing contracts and feels comfortable negotiating with several stakeholders in various fields;
- Has working knowledge in anti-money laundering and data protection legislation;
- An efficient communicator, confident in liaising with outside counsel on various legal and compliance matters in various jurisdictions.
- Diligent and organised.
- Capable of working to your own initiative but is also very comfortable working in a tight-knit team within a distributed, multicultural environment.
- Excellent command in written and spoken English; knowledge of any other language is considered an asset.
- Experience as a Data Protection Officer beneficial.
- An hybrid working environment
- A competitive base salary
- Continuous leadership development to set you up for success and growth within the role
- A range of training courses, known as Casumo College, for continuous learning
- Access to some of the greatest tools and platforms out there
- An incredibly diverse team of smart, motivated colleagues from more than 45 countries
- Private health insurance
- Wellness incentives, including gym passes
- Gourmet lunches and healthy snacks
- Social events for building strong relationships with colleagues from all across the organisation
Great minds don't think alike:
At Casumo we're all different. By building a team where difference is embraced, through our lived experiences, our beliefs, and who we are, we create a diverse and inclusive home for all our 'sumos. It's about keeping it real and being your true self. Because, great minds don't think alike; the more diverse we are, the better we become, together.