Backend Java DeveloperMalta or Barcelona
We are looking for sharp software engineers to join us on our mission to erase boredom. Together we will work to realize our vision of the world’s best gaming experience.
What you will do
- Working as part of cluster and within a cross functional team made of no more than 10 people with different skills to achieve the team’s goal in an efficient way.
- Working on current Casino or Sports platform: a system built using DDD, CQRS techniques and a microservice architecture.
- Using Agile methodologies where teams align around tasks agreed on during a weekly Kickstart meeting.
- Enjoying a flat structure within your working team; you will participate in the decision making and problem solving.
- Taking full ownership of features and code, from inception of ideas to deployment, maintenance and keeping it running; i.e. You build it, you ship it, you own it.
- Building scalable, highly-available, robust systems and ensure their continuous running on production (24/7).
Examples of projects the team has worked on:
- Splitting the entire system into small, more cohesive subsystems and microservices.
- New integrations with various game suppliers, payment providers.
- Awesome new promotional campaign mechanics for players.
- New tools for developers to embrace continuous delivery principles.
- Tools to ensure that the company and product always fulfill regulatory requirements.
Who we are looking for
- Someone with demonstrated deep practical knowledge of Java, Spring Framework, and Spring Boot.
- It’s a plus if you have experience with transaction-heavy, distributed systems, messaging, microservices or tools such as MySQL, RabbitMQ and Kafka.
- Experience in Devops is a nice to have: Docker, Jenkins, AWS and other cloud technologies.
- Someone who feels very comfortable in a Linux environment and working with tools like Git.
- An individual who appreciates the concepts and principles underlying open-source culture and good software development practices.
Engineering at Casumo
At Casumo, we take pride in our Engineering culture and our Product quality and quirkiness. We have a modern engineering mindset, we move fast, experiment and apply an automated test approach. We believe every individual’s need and desires to be unique and let each developer be the main force for creating their best work environment and make impact. As a backend developer you will collaborate with an international, distributed and highly skilled team. We highly value team spirit and a respectful environment. A humble and open mindset is essential to reach higher aims.
- We have active contributors to the tech community.
- We contribute to open source; we care about knowledge sharing in order to leverage the tech knowledge within the tech community. Examples of projects we have contributed to: OpenZipkin, Spring Boot 2, Spring Kafka, Axon Framework, and Carthage. Links to projects: https://github.com/146BC/StyleKit https://github.com/146BC/RomeBuild
- We attend & speak at conferences; we believe these events are the perfect environment to share what we do, keep learning and motivate our team members to keep improving; Spring I/O, Buildstuff, Devoxx, etc.
- Company which is scaling; more opportunities faster & meeting impressive people.
- Making real impact by working on an unparalleled product.
- Explore, experiment and grow together in a small, highly-skilled, energetic and passionate team.
- Great team getaways.
Casumo is a recognized and award-winning online casino formed in 2012. We’re a bunch of nerdy game enthusiasts who believe that the right people, tools and technology drive innovation and have the potential to disrupt entire industries.
As the gaming world zigs, Casumo zag. We will not only challenge the other gaming companies in the industry—we will challenge all their conventions about how to be a gaming company. We don’t believe that casinos always will look the way they do today, and we want to be the thought leader driving that change. It’s a long process but it all revolves around one question: how will chance based gaming about money work in the future?
We’re a flat organization which means we stay away from unnecessary titles and corporate gibberish. Our work style is characterized by transparency, humbleness and speed, with autonomous, cross-functional and highly-skilled teams working closely together towards a clear vision. The possibility to create something new and to make a real difference is what really drives us. Together, we’re writing the future of gaming.
Perks and benefits @ Casumo
Dreamy office locations
Enjoy sun, beautiful surroundings and a welcoming culture
Great health and medical plans
If something happens to you, we've got your back
Weekly office activities
Join the board games club, relax with yoga, play football or just grab a cheeky Friday beer in our bar.
Trust & Flexibility
Work in a flat structure with inspiring colleagues and lots of room to learn and grow
Work with like-minded masterminds and the latest tech on building amazing things